Why would anyone think this is ok?

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
I don't want to derail my Construction thread with this topic. I came home from dinner last night and I found this at the back corner of my house (that stucco is the corner of my master bedroom). I know there aren't any bathrooms in the yard, but my property is almost 1.5 acres. I've seen the other guys taking a stroll down the back hill and I don't care. But this is my HOUSE. I had the time lapse camera setup and I know who did it too :grrrr:

Attachments

• Pee (Large).JPG
    Pee (Large).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 427
During the planning stages of our renovation, we asked about having a portable john for the workers. Our PB told us that our town did not allow them. We thought that odd but did not challenge him on it. Surely he must know.

It looks from the OP's experience that we were fortunate that nothing ugly happened. Our security cameras probably played a role in encouraging the workers to go when they went off for lunch and creatively use the woodsy area at other times.

This spring our neighbors down the street evidently had no problem providing a nice portable john on their property for the workers putting a new addition on their house.

Lana

I was tasked to supervise some work being done at my boss' house one day and caught a guy letting it fly in his furnace. Needless to say that said employee went home with more than Pink slip that day. I get that when you gotta go..you gotta go but this is pure disregard. Go to your vehicle and stick in a bottle for goodness sakes.

We had a similar experience during our pool build. One of our stone masons relieved himself in a secluded corner right next to our house and covered it up with mulch. Needless to say, it was not of the liquid variety. We would never have discovered it, but we have a dog who is very fond of eating cat (and apparently human) poop and she discovered it, unbenownst to us. My daughter brought her new boyfriend home to meet the family and while she was introducing this poor young man to the dog, they noticed the nauseating smell coming from the dog. I never mentioned it to the pool builder, because I had sympathy for the worker who obviously had to answer the call of nature. And the stone work was beautiful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.