Building a new pool and it is no fun

merl

Mar 8, 2011
This will be our 3rd pool build and it's not turning out how I had thought. Sales people are driving me nuts. 20 years ago with my first pool I did not have so many choices and options. Dig, gunite, plaster fill it up and swim. Now salt vs chlorine, multi speed pumps vs single speed pumps, insane number of types and styles of plaster, ozinator or no ozinator, fancy lights plain ole light, hayward, jandy or Pentair, remote controls, underground giant leave catchers ... man I dont know what to do. I am about to just keep my wallet closed.

Just venting and saying hello!

Someone called it "analysis paralysis".

Don't forget, you still need to choose:

Coping: Pour-in-place, pre-case, brick, Stone
Decking: Concrete, Pavers, Stone, etc
Pool Tile: 6", 3", Porcelain, Glass, Stone > With a million colors and styles
Landscape: Trees, Palms, Plants

And nothing ever changes half way through :roll:

Good Luck

Thanks for the responses, pool builders in houston are out of control. I have one guy telling me the other guy is wrong and that I am being cheated out of decking, another saying pentair is poop while Hayward is the best. That is my focus now. Heater, Pump and valves. So I guess the search is on for info on pentair vs hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.