Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I was in the process of brushing my pool today and when I pulled my brush up from the deep end there was a round rubber disc looking thing that was probably about 1 ft - 1 1/2 ft in diameter. I couldn't grab it before it sunk back to the bottom and the water still is not clear enough to see to the bottom in the deep end so I can get it back up. It was a light beige color and had slits about 1/2 from the edge all of the way around. :scratch:

Any idea what this is? Is it okay to leave it, wherever it may be down there, for now?

Thanks!

I was able to get it up yesturday out of the water. It is some type of cover that goes over the main drain. The center is hard plastic and weighted and around that there is rubber with slits. It says on the bottom that it is not used in place of the main drain cover, but is used with it. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

Is it a cover that goes over the main drain so that an automatic cleaner doesnt get hung up on the main drain cover? They have these rubber inserts that people put over the main drain so that when you use an automatic pool cleaner, that the cleaners tracks dont get ung up on the main drain and can continue going right over the top of it. I bet that is what this thing is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.