Cleaning Cartridge Filter- 1st Time

flintstone

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
Rockville, CA
I need to clean my cartridge filter for the first time and am wondering if there are any best practices I need to follow other than those stated in the manual. I do have a concern that I do not have inlet and return valves. The only valves available are those that direct the water to the pool or spa returns. In one position, the water goes to the pool, and in the other, to the spa. How do you deal with the water as it drains from the filter? As I'm freaking out, any advice is appreciated.

P1010005.jpg

It shouldn't be particularly difficult.

Keep the pump turned off the entire time. Open the valve on top of the filter and let air into the filter for a little while before opening it. Let the water drain out where it may, it won't hurt anything. Be sure there isn't any dirt or debris on the seal when you are closing the filter up. Check the manual for the filter, most of them want a little non-petroleum lubricant on the seal just before closing up. Then when everything is put back together, and with the pump running, again let the air out of the filter with the valve on the top and close it as soon as water comes out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.