Pressure Side Pool Cleaner

Puffin

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2010
Metro Atlanta, Georgia
I don't have a pressure side pool cleaner yet. The pool that comes with the house has a booster pump and a pressure fitting (or whatever you call it) for a pressure side pool cleaner.

From reviewing the posts here, it seems to the two pressure side cleaners that come to the top of the list are the Polaris 280 and the Pressure 4 Wheel (4x) Pool Cleaner.

What are you're opinions and recommendations regarding these. Also, has anyone done a comparison of these two? What advantages/disadvantages does one have over the other?

benavidescj said:
The 360 sure is a pressure side cleaner. I own one and it is on the pressure side.

The 380 is a pressure cleaner it runs off a boaster pump.. The 360 is a return side cleaner which means it runs either either by plugging into one of the returns or has a dedicated line with no boaster pump...

Keven,

For the sake of clarity, most of us here on the forum refer to the two sides of a circulatory system as pressure side or suction side.

Since the returns are on the pressure side of the system, the 360 is a pressure side cleaner but one without a booster pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed that the Polaris has a tail and the Pool Cleaner doesn't. Interestingly enough, both products underscore this difference as a feature. Polaris says its a scrubber. The Pool Cleaner's flyer states "No sweep/whip hose that puts dirt into suspension."

Those of you who've used these product what do you think about the tail. Is it a worthwhile feature?

In my opinion the tail does not scrub at all. It is manufactured from a foam that has little scrubbing potential. I does however have the potential to blow particles, that are too small for the net to catch, up into the main body of water to be sucked up by the main drain or skimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.