Retreive data from a 5"

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
I would gladly pay to retrieve the data I have on a 5" disket which was written in Word 93 that I can't get my Word 03 to translate nor print - The info is most important to me as it is a collection of poetry I wrote and I had the 'physical' copy stolen from me (there are ideas and phrases in there thet I really want to retrieve)

Thanks for ANY help! - Ted

If you send me the file I can probably at least extract the text from it and send it back to you. If you have a binary text editor, you can see if you can "see" any readable text. Most Word documents I've seen have most of the text in readable form, interspersed with binary codes for formatting and other info.

GraceByDesign said:
Oh good Lord, Richard is a chem geek AND a computer nerd. :shock: Why am I even here??? :roll:
It tends to go hand in hand :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:
I used to be a programmer and did hardware maintenance and sys. admin for an ISP! (And I went through 3.5 years of college as a chem major before I switched!)
(and I used to play Dungeons and Dragons also!) :shock:

YOU are here to keep us geeks and nerds in touch with reality!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.