Recommendation for a new pump

bigdog12

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
SC
I'm sure that this is posted somewhere, but I need help in buying a new pump. I have a 43,500gal in-ground vinyl pool, 2 skimmers, a Jandy salt water generator, mechanical timer, and a Heyward 240 filter. Bought a pump from the electrical shop each year for the last 2 years that lasted only one year each (he says chlorine got in the pump and ruined it). I can't afford to buy a new pump every year. Any thoughts/rec. on horsepower/brands would be GREATLY appreciated!

Can you tell us the brand and model of the pump they sold you? Any decent pool pump should last more than a year and wouldn't be affected by the chlorine in the pool water.

With a pool that size I'd strongly consider a variable speed pump.

It is important that the motor not get too much water on it. If the motor is directly exposed outside or gets sprayed by the sprinkler system there can be early failure problems. On the other hand, one year is very quick, even a directly exposed to the outside motor with a sprinkler regularly splashing on it from some distance away wouldn't normally fail that quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.