Water level dropped over winter

Mar 11, 2011
Severn, MD
Hello - I am new to this forum so forgive me if I posted to the wrong area. I have an inground liner pool. Last fall when the company closed it they lowered the level below the skimmers. This was not how it was closed in years past so I ran the hose for several hours raising it back up so the solid cover would properly rest on the water level.

Yesterday I notice the cover rippling in the wind and the puddle on top was lower in than normal. I lifed the cover an notice the level down really low. At least a foot lower than what I had raised it to in the fall. I put the pump run off hose pointing into the pool so to take advantage of the 'free' water from the rain storm.

I've had the pool since 2003 and never have seen the level drop down this much over the winter. Any ideas or suggestions as to what to do would be helpful.

Thanks - T

It's going to be hard to do anything until you dewinterize it. Without knowing how they winterized it you may have done wrong by filling it back up with water. If they didn't seal off the skimmer and return lines you filled them back up water and possibly allowed them to freeze. Once you get it uncovered you can figure out what's going on and rectify the issue then.

Thanks -

I guess I'll keep the pump hose directed into the pool and check the level from time to time. Maybe 'April showers' will help to fill it so I don't have to pay the water company. I can't afford a major problem so I'm hoping is something like you said with the lines - I believe though that the plugged them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.