Another new guy asking about buying a ag pool

Mar 10, 2011
I am about to purchase an above ground pool. It will be on a waterfront property (saltwater river). I am looking at a doughboy 28 ft round desert spring with sand filter with 1.5 hp pump. I believe it is a doughboy package. I was going to use an automatic chlorinator. The package costs 5,500 and the install is 1,900. I am worried about rust and the longevity of the pool since we are right off a saltwater river. we will be building a deck around the pool. What are the thoughts of the members here?

We were advised against a salt generator due to rusting. Thoughts?

An SWG won't cause damage to the pool; hundreds of members around here have AG pools with them.

As for the salt river, I don't think it would matter unless you constantly had salty spray getting on the metal parts of the pool. I'll let some others comment.

Welcome to TFP!

Welcome to TFP!

A saltwater chlorine generator isn't going to rust anything. The salinity of saltwater for pools (3000 ppm) is nothing close that of something like seawater (35,000 ppm). You'll be fine. As for the proximity to the river, I wouldn't think that you would have a problem. If this were the case, we would certainly have been made aware of these issues from those AGP owners who live in coastal areas and deal with salt spray on a routine basis.

>> We were advised against a salt generator due to rusting.

I live on the ocean, literally, my backyard is the Atlantic. Hundreds of pools here with SWCG.

....and sorry but I can't resist mentioning... there IS no such thing as "salt generator", as we use "chlorine generators" in pools down here.

30vg9pt.gif

Get the SWG (yes we know the C is left out) You will not have issues with rusting and you will love it. Makes maintenance so easy, well worth every penny.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.