Pool Pilot Digital Nano

mlaaw

May 12, 2008
I have a 17500 in ground and looking at a SWG. The Pool Pilot Digital Nano is for pools up to 22000. Would this be too small for my pool? Iv read that you should go higher but dont know how much higher.

Thanks,
Mike

I live in florida... NW Florida. The price is around $580 for nano vs $1000+ for the autopilot digital 35000 one. I just want to generate chlorine, not run anything else so that's why I think the nano is good for me as long as it isnt too small.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but what about a similar sized pool (~19K) for Texas? And why does location matter that much in terms of whether one should go with a Nano vs. the regular Digital?

Also, what size of cell does the Nano use (what is it rated to)?

Last question (sorry about all the questions!): what is the difference between the regular digital and the nano, and why would you go with one vs. the other besides price?

thanks

Beezar,

I find in most cases if you keep at least a 3,000-4,000 gallon barrier between the mfg's rating and your pool you should be fine. I like to usually make it 5,000 gallons or so but again not a huge difference.

The Nano Digitial uses an RC-35 (SC-36) cell which is set to work up to 22,000 gallons.

The Pool Pilot Digital offers 3 cell sizes up to 52,000 gallons. The RC-35 (SC-36) cell with the Pool Pilot Digital can handle up to 35,000 gallons. This is because the software on the system allows you to adjust the power level going to the cell whereas the Digital Nano has a single power level (you can still adjust output from 1 - 100%, just not the power level).

The Pool Pilot Digital also has the capability of running as a digital pump timer.

If you have more questions please let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.