Pool finishes

doopie

Feb 11, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
I searched for the various finishes and Pros and cons and cannot see them.

Diamond Brite
Sunstone
Hydrazzo
Durazzo

Most of the pool builders were using Sunscapes or Pebbletec with a cheaper alternative of Diamond Brite but this one pushed Sunstone.

He is really pushing Sunstone and what scares me is this statement:
"Sunstone is a true aggregate finish - there is no quartz in it."

but on CLI's website it states:
"Transform an ordinary pool into a work of art with SunStone® exposed aggregate pool finish. This remarkable formula will add a sparkle to any pool-and yet it's as hard and as tough as any pool surface available today.

SunStone® is a combination of durable quartz aggregate and enhanced Portland cement, accented with colored quartz aggregate. "

http://www.clindustries.com/pool_finishes/sunstone.php

I know it is all marketing but has anyone used Sunstone we had 3M quartz/plaster in our last pool and it lasted 8 years until it started to get delaminate some and the "Cream" was peeling off.

doopie

Quartz is good. The only thing harder is diamond.

Diamond Brite is pretty good but still has a lot of plaster in it.

Durazzo ahd Hydrazzo are equivalent but differt manufacturers and have more plaster but a smoother finish. Diamond Brite should out last either because of it's higher aggregate percentage..

Sunstone is a Pebble Tec knock off of good quality material. The only question is the Who is applying it. I think my local guys are better applicators than the guys that do Pebble Tec in my area, and they are really good too.

Scott

Thanks Scott....

I have asked the PB to provide me with 3 customers one per year of each product and the installer he will be using for our poolso that we can go see the product.

Hopefully he provides soon so we can go see before this weekend. We like the Sunscapes mini pebble and the Pebble Tec Pebble sheen finish and were hoping for one of those types of products it sounds like the Sunstone Pearl is that but not the Sunstone basic.

Thanks,

Raymond

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.