Cool Deck Paint Question

wjones9589

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2011
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Hello again, the cool deck around my pool was painted with the wrong type of paint and its a disgusting red color. The paint is chipping all around the pool, I think they just used an indoor paint or something? So I went to Home Depot to try and rent a power-washer but the guy told me I wouldn't be able to take the paint off with a pressure washer and I would have to pay someone about $1,000 to grind my deck down and then have it re-cool decked again. Me being so stubborn I bout muriatic acid and borrowed my dads low-power pressure washer (about 1500psi) the ones I could rent are about 3000 or 4000 psi. Too my surprise I would pour the acid on my deck and brush it around a little bit and then use the pressure washer and it SLOWLY takes the paint off my deck. Im wondering if I should go back and rent a pressure washer to see if it will take the paint off faster, and do you think I should try something different than the murdic acid. Here are some pictures of spots that I have gotten the red paint off my deck.

Attachments

• DSC02672.JPG
    DSC02672.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC02671.JPG
    DSC02671.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC02673.JPG
    DSC02673.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 269
You may need a more powerful power washer.

ROB N said:
We are having a cool deck installed... :shock: How long have you had yours? And is this a common phenomenon???

Cool deck needs to be refreshed every so often (not all that often). It looks like in the case above they didn't use a good paint for this application. Olympic makes a product called Patio Tones which is perfect for this: http://www.kelleytech.com/olympic/olymp ... oating.asp

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.