Another Refugee from Poolforum.com

SteveK

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2007
Central NJ
Hi All,
Traffic @poolforum.com seems to be really way down low.

Glad to see TFP is alive and well. BBB rules, so it is good to see someone carrying the flag!

I joined as a lifetime supporter -- worth $20 to help keep the site running. Sent Ben more than that about 2-3 years ago when he was in deep do-do.....didn't even get a thank you message. Whatever his problems/issues I wish him well.

SteveK

Steve,

Welcome to TFP. Glad you joined us and "Thank You" for the contribution. Sean B. has truly done a great service by getting this site up and running so quickly and with such a great group of people. We look forward to sharing your thoughts and those of others. Again, welcome.

Welcome to TFP! This site was started by and still is run (mostly) by PF refugees! That's where I learned all I know about BBB!

If you grill, make sure you check out TFP's sister site... Grill with Skill Many of us are also over there, though some of us should stick to pool advice, and not even try to give any bbq help, like ME!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

I've really done very little with the pool this summer (including very little use) since my wife and I have been busy building a new deck. The deck is almost done (just the railings, lighting, and one set of stairs to go). Just in time to close the pool! I didn't even install the SWG that I bought back in February. My 11 season-old Jacuzzi 27-inch sand filter sprung a leak about 3 weeks ago (right at the top). So the pump was shutdown for about 2 weeks until we found 'the right stuff' to close the leak (and keep it closed). Ended up using some fast-cure marine epoxy from Home Depot (used it inside and out).

The I was faced with a pit filled with 30,000 gallons of green smelly water. 3-4 days @20-25ppm of chlorine (clorox on sale this week at kmart) and the pool is now clear again. Hopefully it will stay near 80 degrees and can be used a few more time before shutdown.

SteveK