Another Lighting around the Pool Thread

snewo

Jun 7, 2009
An hour NW of Philly
I've read a bunch of the lighting threads, but I have some questions, so I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the TFP experts:

Background
-----------

- I agree with what I've read a bunch of times in a bunch of threads: My solar lights stink.
- I have a Jandy AquaLink RS6 control unit. Aux 6, which is not currently used operates a relay that turns on a 24Volt output.
- I'd love to be able to turn on my landscape lights with my Jandy PDA.

So assuming that I'm legal following a review of all local codes with regards to distance from pool and depth of wire, is this a reasonable lighting solution: 24V Low Voltage outdoor landscape lighting powered off of the 24V Relay.

My concerns are that someone mentioned these relays are not meant for lighting (How is this different than the pool lights?). I'm not interested in hurting the control unit. Has anyone figured a way to rig lighting controls through a 24V relay type of setup? Surely Jandy has a supported lighting interface....I just can't find it.....then again I don't like their website. If the Jandy connection is off the table, then are there outdoor low voltage units that have decent remotes?

Thanks in advance!

Snewo

The 24 volts for the relay will not be able to run your lights.. What you will need to do is wire up an outlet coming from the relay to a transformer.. That will let you be able turn on and off the transformer from the relay...The transformer could also be wired up directly to the relay...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.