Question about running cleaner and two speed pump.

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I have a two speed pump and a booster pump for my cleaner (Hayward Viper).

Currently I have it setup to filter and run my AutoPilot on low speed. I then run the cleaner/booster pump in conjunction with the main pump on high.

I have the high speed to provide enough flow for the built in spa.

Can I run the cleaner with the pump on low or does it have to run on high?

I'd like to only run the pump on high for the spa and run it on low for everything else.

thanks,
Dave

There isn't any reason you can't run the boster pump while the main pump is on low. There is some chance that the boster pump will reduce the flow to the AutoPilot enough for it to turn off while the boster pump is running, but that is both easily checked and not a serious problem if you don't run the boster pump too much.

I just reconfigured my timer and it appears to be working fine. The AutoPilot says the cell is ON and I can see the random bubble flow through the bypass of the cell.

This is great, yet another way to reduce my electrical consumption.

Honestly, it looks like the only time I need the high speed pump is for the spa. I guess that makes sense.

thanks
dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.