My Pool

Aug 10, 2010
Bryant AR
42L X 16W X 24L Twins were in it a few weeks ago. Water was about 60 after a warm week in Central Arkansas. These were a few years ago during construction. Finished off by hanging a flat screen under the covered patio and outdoor speakers. Nothing better than floating in the pool and watchign football or whatever else you like.

Poolpics092.jpg

Poolpics092.jpg

Poolpics049.jpg

We are about to get the exact same pool. Any gotchas with the shape? I see you have 2 lights. Is it necessary? We are considering a second light.

We opted for full width steel stairs and a cuddle cove in the deepe end. Any advice you can offer would be welcome!

BigJD said:
We are about to get the exact same pool. Any gotchas with the shape? I see you have 2 lights. Is it necessary? We are considering a second light.
For what it's worth, we have a 16x41x24 L-shape pool with 2 lights. I can't imagine the pool with a single fixture, I think it would be insufficient.

We did the LED lights and the steps that match the liner. Nothing I would really change. I like the shape and the large shallow end is great for having people over and just floating and drinking a few. Plus with our house shape it fit the back yard perfect. We put that in 3 years ago and there are Saturdays I mow in my bathing suit and go straight in the pool for 12 hours.

Definitely do the round corners over the 90 degree ones. We decided against the slide after going to some friends one night and seeing the teenagers jumping for the top of the slide into the pool.

Not now. I must confess that the next size up for us would have been an 18x43x28. At the time I remember trying to talk the DW into it, complete with Tim "the toolman" Taylor grunts. Now that the pool is built I have no regrets. There's plenty of room for people, and if I take my time vacuuming it's easily a 3 beer job. :cheers:

FinsUp said:
Not now. I must confess that the next size up for us would have been an 18x43x28. At the time I remember trying to talk the DW into it, complete with Tim "the toolman" Taylor grunts. Now that the pool is built I have no regrets. There's plenty of room for people, and if I take my time vacuuming it's easily a 3 beer job. :cheers:

Deep end is fine. Most time is spent floating in the shallow end watching TV. When you have a group of adults over they are all doing the same. Drinking and floating in the shallow end. If anything I would go longer so when I dive I am not to the shallow end. I would do additional concrete all the way around. We have 4 ft down the shallow end and the back and the entire front is concrete. I did do 6ft on the house side behind the back of the house and did medium stone in the area between. 1 yard of rock is 10x harder than a entire backyard of sod. Holy Crud. Good thing the wife was out of town when the chore was done or I may had to have kicked her in the Rear.

My next step is to put concrete off the shallow end 20 ft and put in a basketball court. Best part of the pool is I don't care if I leave the house and we go between our house and a few friends that have pools in the neighborhood.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.