Hola from Round Rock, Texas

mike_s

Sep 14, 2007
round rock Texas
Hey yall,

I just found the site today while looking at pool pix. The wife and I have been talking about having an in ground gunite pool put in as well as an outdoor kitchen. We both grew up wanting to have pools but neither of us did. We shudder at the thought of even putting a toe in at our neighborhood pool (eek), and when we are not swimming in friends pools you can find us swimming in the clearest biggest pool in Cozumel (the ocean lol). Little bit about me. Like smoking Cuban cigars, bbqing, home theater, going to track days on the motorcycle, and spending as much time as possible at our place in Cozumel with the wife.

Looks like I have lots of reading to do here over the weekend!

Ps. Anyone in the Austin or Round Rock area have anything good to say about the company you used to build your outdoor oasis?

Mikes

Welcome! You've come to the right place. I'm not familiar with pool builders in your area, but I wanted to say hello and encourage you to go for it! I didn't have a pool built, I bought a house with a pool. I probably wouldn't have had one built, but now I'm hooked! If I ever move again, I've decided I MUST buy a house with a pool or build one!

Love my pool. :-D

I used to live pretty near your area, in Temple, but moved south last year. Now I'm in Uvalde.

Welcome,
I am in Katy. There are at least a couple members here from Round Rock. Rogerbrks and LovingHDTV are two thatcome to mind. Hopefully they'll chime in and have some advice to offer.

See you around,
Dave

I am from Pflugerville... Some what close to ya... :shock:

We just laid out our pool on Monday and the PB started digging yesterday. After months of research, it's a relief to have the project finally underway...

We wrapped a few projects together... 1) Pool build 2) Patio Cover 3) External Spa 4) Solar Heating for Pool 5)Landscape improvements

Now to get it all done in sync... :)

Welcome Mike,

I'm in the Round Rock area. It's good to have another neighbor. I see you like Cozumel. Well I get to go the caribbean island of Grenada every evening and all day Saturday and Sunday. It's really good to catch the football games while floating around the pool in this great/warm Texas weather. There are several pools companies in the area. I'll send a PM to give my take on them.

Any man who uses "I like to smoke Cuban cigars" in his opening description, is a man after my own heart... :wink:

I'm from Florida, but I'm actually head to the airport in a few hours, heading to San Antonio (Ft Sam Houston base) to assist our dealer with a commercial AutoPilot installation (salt chlorine generator).

I just got back from Cancun two weeks ago and brought back (2) Cohiba Robustos, (2) Monte Cristo #2 - my favorites, and (2) Romeo Y Julietta Limitada Especial. I am down to one R Y J.

Heard anything on them releasing the Cohiba Genios yet? I love the darker Maduros. Had a love for the CAO MX2, until they had a shortage problem (and consistency of the burns), but what a nice smoke. Tried the Rocky Patel Olde World Reserves? Not bad at all for a non-cuban cigar.

Anyway, welcome to TFP. We can give you opinions....BOY can we give opinions! :roll: on anything pool related, especially with your planning of your pool.

I am in the industry and represent a manufacturer of salt chlorine generators and heat pumps, but there are also many pool owner experts in these products that can provide the answers as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
rogerbrks said:
Welcome Mike,

I'm in the Round Rock area. It's good to have another neighbor. I see you like Cozumel. Well I get to go the caribbean island of Grenada every evening and all day Saturday and Sunday. It's really good to catch the football games while floating around the pool in this great/warm Texas weather. There are several pools companies in the area. I'll send a PM to give my take on them.

Rgr,

Thanks for the great pm with all of the different PB's in our area. I think I will stop by Summit Pools and chat with the people there about my ideas. Was there a specific foreman you worked with that I should talk to? I am off of Sam Bass Rd east of ih35 in the woods..Its cool that you, me, and ilovehdtv are in the same area. Sure when I get the thing built I will have more questions for yall lol.

Poolsean said:
Any man who uses "I like to smoke Cuban cigars" in his opening description, is a man after my own heart... :wink:

I'm from Florida, but I'm actually head to the airport in a few hours, heading to San Antonio (Ft Sam Houston base) to assist our dealer with a commercial AutoPilot installation (salt chlorine generator).

I just got back from Cancun two weeks ago and brought back (2) Cohiba Robustos, (2) Monte Cristo #2 - my favorites, and (2) Romeo Y Julietta Limitada Especial. I am down to one R Y J.

Heard anything on them releasing the Cohiba Genios yet? I love the darker Maduros. Had a love for the CAO MX2, until they had a shortage problem (and consistency of the burns), but what a nice smoke. Tried the Rocky Patel Olde World Reserves? Not bad at all for a non-cuban cigar.

Anyway, welcome to TFP. We can give you opinions....BOY can we give opinions! :roll: on anything pool related, especially with your planning of your pool.

I am in the industry and represent a manufacturer of salt chlorine generators and heat pumps, but there are also many pool owner experts in these products that can provide the answers as well.

PoolSean,

I grew up in San Antonio and still have the parents and friends there. Too bad I had to work this week or else me and you would be smoking Fidel's finest at the "swig' in S.A. Glad to hear you had a fun time in Cancun. The wife and I try to get down to our place in Cozumel and stay for at least 3 1/2 months outta the year. It's great to get away from the rat race here, but for the other 9 months it would be nice to have a pool to jump into to tide us over till the next czm trip lol. Hey there are several vendors that will ship to the states...I will send you a pm of one that I use...and yes all 3 cohiba ser 5 cigars are out now!!!!

great talking with you,

mikes

ps guess I have to do some more reading but what is a salt chlorine generator?

Attachments

• Fibro B-1 001.jpg
    Fibro B-1 001.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6