Used autopilot poolpilot digital sc-48

vodka

Jan 13, 2011
south louisiana
i have someone i know who is selling an autopilot poolpilot digital sc-48, actually he wrote the name as, autopilot digital 220 sc 48 cell for 200 hundred never been used still in the box. Is this a good deal? im not sure im looking at the right one when i put in poolpilot digital sc-48. Im guessing they are one and the same since it appears autopilot makes 3 different types the total one talked about in previous post here, the one i mentioned and the soft touch. now the list on the webpage i go to has it listen for about 1800. So im thinking this is a great deal. What do yall think? is it the same one im looking at? is it a good deal like im thinking

Split off of an unrelated topic. JasonLion

That is a "too good to be true" deal. If it is actually never used and still works then it is an amazing deal. Often, deals like this one turn out to have a story behind them that ends up contradicting the initial impression.

well dont think he would cheat us him and his brother own the local eatery and my wife works for them for 8 years and its a really small town where you kinda get frowned upon if you cheat people and that wouldnt bode well for their business lol. Oh yeah and they are cousins to my wife..even though i said all this i know it could happen i dont think it would. They guy just aint using it and he doesnt have a pool anymore to use it and i think it was given to him and he just wants to get rid of it. Dont know why it was given to him but he at one time cleaned pools around town so maybe someone didnt want it and gave it to him..

Re: Used autopilot poolpilot digital sc-48 !!UPDATE!!

Got the pump and the cell, neither one of them are open. The guy i got it from was in the pool business and he used a different kind then autopilot i think it started with a P. The reason he didnt use the autopilot was because the other brand he used if he put three of the systems from that company then they got a 3 year warranty on all 3 systems instead of a one year warranty if they only used one piece. So this guy sent him this dig 220 to test out plus sc-48 cell with it and he never did and its been sitting in storage since he got it. So theres two boxes one with the DIG-220 and one with the SC-48 cell made by Autopilot purifying systems both unopen anyone think im getting a good deal on it for 250 bucks?

JasonLion said:
A DIG220 with an SC-48 goes for something like $1200+ deep Internet discount. Getting that for $250 is an amazing deal.

I think we can chalk this up as the "score" of the season :goodjob: That is an amazing deal. $250 will barely get you an intex SWG, let alone a poolpilot :shock:

Re: Used autopilot poolpilot digital sc-48(pics)

here are some pictures of my pool do yall think it will be hard to install the pump? should i just go ahead and get an electrician to do it? well it seems my pictures are too large ill have to work on them

Attachments

• IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 137

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It depends on how high the pump is above the waterline. The Dynamo's can self prime a couple feet above the water but have trouble with much more than that. Once it's primed it's not an issue (until the next time it needs priming). If it's working don't worry about it.

If you're planning on replacing the pump anyway I'd go for an inground model. The Whisperflo by Pentair seems highly thought of. I get about 24,000 gallons for your pool but that could be off depending on the actual configuration.

Talked to my guy who cleans pools and installs pumps he told me the pump I got is fine and the only thing that matters is the gpm it circulates. He told me that it didn't matter cuz a pump can't tell if its an in ground or above ground lol. Well the things he told me made sense in a common sense kinda way I guess lol. So im wondering if a 1.5 hp in ground pump works the same as an 1.5 above ground pool pump?

Yes, and no. There are various differences between pumps. The largest one has to do with priming. Priming is the process of filling all the pipes with water. Most above-ground pool pumps will only prime if the pump is located below the surface of the pool, so that water will flow into the pump via gravity. Essentially all in-ground pool pumps will prime even if the pump is several feet above water water level.

Pump designs are also optimized for different levels of head (dynamic flow resistance). Above-ground pools are typically low head, since the water doesn't need to go far and there isn't all that much plumbing to begin with. In-ground pools are typically high head, since the pipe runs are often quite long and there can end up be lots of plumbing just on the equipment pad. There are also medium head pumps which work fairly well, but not perfectly, at either task. Running a low head pump on high head plumbing, or the other way around, moves the pump out of it's efficient operating range and while it generally works, it leads to in-efficient operation and can eventually cause failures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.