Where to begin....

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
We got hit with a surprise hurricane this morning, and I think I took 15 oak trees out of my pool this afternoon. Other than cleaning, chlorinating and vacuuming, is there anything else I should do? I am not sure when I can run the pump, since we may not have power until Sunday or tuesday. :x

Chlorine and whatever circulation you can manage will both help. You really need to mix in any chlorine you add as well as you can manage. Try stiring things up with a clean broom or a rake if there isn't any power. Or run a small pump (perhaps a cover pump) off a generator, whatever you can manage. You don't need anything near the flow the regular pump provides, just something to mix in the chlorine a little.

I feel for you Ed. We've been hearing lots of reports (I'm in Katy) of bad damage in the High Island, Port Arthur, Beaumont areas. Glad to know you're OK. It's pretty bad when you only get about 12 hrs notice that a hurricane is coming right at you.

Thoughts and prayers with you, your family and neighbors.

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.