Pool Buster

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
I have a Pool Buster and I love it. With no hoses to get in the way, it's very easy to use.

I have the regular "Pool Buster Max," not the CG (commercial grade). If your pool is a good bit larger than mine, I'd suggest you try the CG.

I recommend purchasing the finer-filtering "sand and silt" bag in addition to the all-purpose bag included with the vac. I have not tried the microfilter bags.

Please note that the battery won't reach its full capacity for SEVERAL charges. At first it may only run for 20-30 minutes before needing a recharge. Over time it will run the full hour or more. It recharges quickly, too.

I agree the Pool Buster is great and I also love not lugging out the hoses.

I did purchase the Commercial Grade from ebay for less than the suggested retail of the regular one.

Recently purchased the fine mesh bag and it makes a big defference in what the unit picks up.

The bag the PB Max comes with is junk. It will pick up debris like leaves etc but sand and dirt go right thru and back in the pool. I also give the unit a big thumbs up. Excellent for quick touch ups.

Donnie

I bought a Pool Buster myself, just the standard model.

I haven't been able to find the fine silt bag, just the standard one, but I simply put a skimmer sock over it and that has helped quite a bit.

I tried another tip I had read, which was putting in cotton balls to catch the finer stuff, but that didn't seem to work as well for me, but at the time I was trying to get a LOT of finer matter vacuumed up.

I'm at the point with the Pool Buster that I just use it instead of the Kreepy Krawly, which is saving me on how often I need to backwash the filter quite a bit.

poolbuster max cg gold

:x :x :x I made the mistake of buying the poolbuster max cg gold package from PoolsAZ.com. What a huge waste of money for what you get! I have the sand/silt bag and the microfilter bag, but these do not filter algae as advertised. The algae flows right through the bags (you use both together). In addition, it has little suction power. PoolsAZ won't take it back and Watertech won't help me return it because I bought it through PoolsAZ. I paid $350.00 for something that does nothing more than what I could do with my pool dip net and my vacuum hose. For just a little more, I could have gotten an robotic cleaner. Stay away -- waste of money...

I'll give you $200 for it. Hate to see you Waste your money. I've had mine for a year now and absolutley love it. But then again......I don't have algae in my pool. Regular maintenence see's to that.

I purchased a PB CG Max in May '07 and have had problems. When I first used it, I didn't think it had good suction. Had to go over particularly dirty areas multiple time, and it didn't pick up leaves well. Then, about a month later it DIED. Took me several phone calls to finally speak to a person (Watertek DOES NOT return phone calls even though recording says to leave a number for call back). I have a return number and will send back this week. All Watertek needed was my receipt or invoice. I originaly told them I thought I bought it from The Pool Dr, they said they'd take it back to fix it if I have my receipt. When I looked up my credit card records, I actually bought it off the WaterTech website. They were able to reproduce my invoice and send it repairs. From their statements to me, I got the impression that as long as you have your purchase receipt/invoice, even if from another company, they will take it back.

In the meantime, I bought a Polaris 360 and love it.

CaryB

Re: poolbuster max cg gold

Hi, Rebels,
Welcome to the forum. This forum will help you get rid of the algae but no filtering or cleaning device will do it on it's own. Algae simply continues to grow in the water no matter how much you filter. Chlorine will kill your algae and then you can filter out the dead "algae carcasses" after the chlorine has killed it. Read the "Stickies" section above and then ask some questions. There's lot's of good folks here who will help get your pool crystal clear and save you some bucks, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I purchased a PoolBuster back in August. I got a call from a well-heeled client that was un happy with his current Pool service. Apparently the company wasn’t removing the “Pool Dust” that was flowing in from the returns on the customer’s therapeutic IG spa. As a bonus this IG spa has a negative edge that spills into a trove, in short there is no skimmer to use as a vac/ port and the spa runs off it’s own equipment and such. The guy never called me back to take over service but I did sell him a PoolBuster and showed him how well it would work for his setup. I followed up and he is 100% satisfied with the product and now I have six of them for my Pool service.

Pros.
> Great for touch-ups and sand.
> Like the small size and ease of use
> Debris trap can be emptied in a few seconds

Cons.
> Suction Powers is just barely adequate for most tasks
> Fine dirt and dust gets blown back through the unit with the std mesh bag.
> If used commercially keep inside the truck or the screws and battery will corrode.

Verdict: Would I buy it again, Yes

-Ryan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.