Wedding Cake Stairs Help!

johnnysnok

Feb 25, 2011
South Jersey
Hi everyone, new to the forum, it looks like a good place to be getting a pool education.
Put in my first AG pool near the end of last summer and got some wedding cake stairs in place of a ladder.
I could never get my stairs to sit correct. Do all wedding cake steps angle back towards the top? Am i having a problem because of the angle and a combination of the bottom sand being troweled up around the wall edge? I have moved and shifted these steps more times in a month than i care to remember. I had to end up putting 1/2" foam floor matts cut into strips under the front lip of the stairs to keep them from rocking if you walk up or down the stairs.
Am i missing something here? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have them weighted properly? There are several threads here about different ways of weighting steps.

In photos 109 & 111 they appear to be out of plumb but in 907 it's hard to tell. When sitting on a level floor the back surface should be plumb. If it's not then there's a problem with the steps.

Thank You and thanks for getting back to me. It seems it really was not about the weighted isssue as much maybe as the corner i have them in maybe is not as level as it should be??? Just a guess on my part. here is a photo of the stairs up against one of my shop walls. If i put a level on them for plumb the bottom does run in 3". I don't know if that could cause a problem? The photo shows that 3" does'nt seem to make a difference. The steps were brand new in August of last year. if this is my only problem then i am OK.
Oh i just remembered it is not, i have to get a third new liner put in this spring.
I will post later about that one!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.