need to get algae back into pool

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
ok this is the problem..

I have a very difficult client which does not want to replace water to reduce CYA and she is a problem and I want to get rid of her.

Since i shocked the pool there is some CC left and it smells and irrirates skin.

I will be getting rid of this client and would like to know if pool is left to the elements will the smell and irritation eventually go away? of course the algae will come back but main concern in the CC and smell.

Thanks.

unlikely, and if let go, if she's lucky, if the right bacteria is introduced to the pool the CYA will probably be converted to ammonia causing the cc and irritation to get worse when chlorine is added... But the good news is the high CYA will be taken care of... lol

There really is only one course of action and if she's not willing to do that then just tell her I'm sorry can't help you then and wash your hands of it. But no, this problem will not get better on its own if you let her go back to her prior routine. She's in for a rude awakening...

You could use a chlorine neutralizer, like sodium thiosulfate. That will break down both the FC and the CC, leaving some ammonia behind from the broken down CC. Of course, any subsequent addition of chlorine will just recreate the CC again.

thanks for the suggestions. she is a princess who is not used to people telling her what needs to be done. ok as for the CC is around 1ppm last time i checked. FC around 21ppm. she will not let me replace water and has insulted me so I have written a strong letter to her and have terminated her.

these types of people love to sue so will see. I think in future I have to not accept some clients as they are bad for business and my health.

chem geek said:
With a very high CYA level, the CCs will probably eventually get oxidized but it will be far slower. It's really too bad this client isn't willing to have at least some significant water replacement.

can not please this client. she will be a problem for sure so getting rid of her.

I have plenty other clients who respect me. she called me liar and does not listen to my advice. I have no time for those. Plenty other good clients out there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.