Goldline AquaRite AQR size question

Jul 23, 2010
Southern NH
Hi Everyone,
We are in the middle of researching building an IG pool to install this season. DH and I will be adding a SWG from the start, but I am having trouble determining what model and size to get. The builder that we are leaning towards offers the Goldline AquaRite AQR. He has asked though if I am considering another model. To stay within the same budget, it seems like a comparable model is the IntelliChlor IC40 (Pentair).

Questions:
1. Is one favored much more than the other that I might be missing in some of the threads?
2. If we were to go with the Goldline (which most likely will be the case), what is the different between the AquaRite and AquaRite Pro
3. We have our pool narrowed down to either a 16x32 rectangle or a 16x34 (20x40 measured) Oasis. We are leaning towards the Oasis...would we be OK with the T-9 Cell or should we go with the T-15. Is there such thing as oversizing when it comes to these cells.

Thanks all in advance for the help!

[In case in makes a difference, we are in Southern NH where we will only get pool use from June - Sept/Oct].

1. Both Goldline (Hayward) Aquarite and IntelliChlor IC40 (Pentair) Salt Water Chlorine Generator systems are good equipment.

2. The AquarRite Pro system provides additional controls to connect to sensors and dispensing equipment. These systems automate the process of adding CO2 or acid to the pool.

3. It is better to oversize the SWCG cell. The t-15 cell (40k gal system) is only slightly more expensive than the t-9 (25K gal). The larger cell may allow you to operate the system for a shorter time period and reduce your energy costs. With reduced run times, the cell should last longer. The higher output t-15 cell will be able to provide the additional chlorine needed during the hottest months of the year and/or when you have extra guests in the pool. :)

The true pro unit supports PH and ORP sensors for automated control. It is noticeably more expensive and not worth it in my opinion. However, there can be some naming confusion, since the regular Aqua Rite has a pro in it's part number and is sometimes referred to as the pro based on an older naming scheme they no longer use.

Personally, I prefer the Hayward unit over the Pentair, but others prefer the Pentair. Both are good products.

With any SWG it is good to oversize the cell, however I would not go larger than about three times the size of the pool. A cell sized for a 40,000 gallon pool should be just fine with the pool you have in mind.

There are often warranty advantages to getting all of your equipment of the same brand. You should ask your builder if that is true for your situation or not. It is worth going for the better warranty coverage if it applies in your situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.