The Pool Tool for Windows Phone 7

habajaba

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2007
Bradenton, FL
Hi everyone. I was a loyal user of the Pool Calculator on iPhone for years. Recently, though, I switched to a Windows Phone. Immediately, I missed the Pool Calculator! I asked about the possibility of a WP7 version. Unfortunately, there were no plans for it. I couldn't imagine NOT having these tools handy anymore! A little bit of elbow grease and a few months later, The Pool Tool has been officially released.

The Pool Tool is functionally very similar to BleachCalc and The Pool Calculator. The difference being that it runs on WP7 devices! While the app isn't perfect, I think it's a solid first version that includes the major functionality. I have plenty of plans for future versions. They will be prioritized based on the feedback I receive.

I would love for all of the WP7 folks here to try the app and pass along your honest feedback. Hey, it's free, what have you got to lose?
Our website is http://thepooltool.com/ and the direct Zune link is http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=ac899d8b-083a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

I look forward to your feedback!

Phil

Sorry, WM6.5 isn't supported. Unfortunately, behind the scenes, they work nothing alike.

Are you a software dev, gullzway? As a .NET developer, I used this project to personally get up to speed on WM7 development. It was certainly an adventure, as I knew nothing about Silverlight before this. Maybe in the future I'll dig into Android. We have a couple guys here who are picking up Android devices soon. I planned on tinkering with it once they pick them up and I have some free time. Curious what the Android dev experience is like. The iPhone one was a nightmare (IMO). Lord knows when I'll ever have free time though! :-D By the way, you have a beautiful pool.

habajaba said:
Sorry, WM6.5 isn't supported. Unfortunately, behind the scenes, they work nothing alike.

Are you a software dev, gullzway? As a .NET developer, I used this project to personally get up to speed on WM7 development. It was certainly an adventure, as I knew nothing about Silverlight before this. Maybe in the future I'll dig into Android. We have a couple guys here who are picking up Android devices soon. I planned on tinkering with it once they pick them up and I have some free time. Curious what the Android dev experience is like. The iPhone one was a nightmare (IMO). Lord knows when I'll ever have free time though! :-D By the way, you have a beautiful pool.

I'm not a dev, but am very computer savvy. Google has an app inventor program that is supposed to make "inventing" an app easy. Haven't had much time to try it out yet. If I ever get in gear and start on this I may message you for some advice! Just bought the house back in June and we're loving it, I can't wait to open the pool. Pried back the safety cover today and the water is crystal clear, but ohhh so cold!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.