Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
:(

We swam Sunday, and I put the solar cover on every night this week, but lows in the 40's and highs in the 70's have really cooled it off. When I put my arm in to test this morning, the water was cold. I'll probably pull the solar cover off the reel tomorrow to get it dry. Still a long way from closing temperature, but low air temps and cold water just don't do much for me.

I hope to get my solar installed in the spring before opening so I can stretch the season a little more next year. Two years ago we swam in October, but Saturday the high is going to be in the 60's. :shock:

Isnt it funny how just 3 or 4 weeks ago we had temps in the upper 90's across most of the USA and everyone was saying "I can wait for the cooler weather to get here". Now its here and we want it warmer so we can still swim longer .... I to am faced with the same situation as to whether to close or not. Wife checked water last night and it was 78 ... this weekend maybe the last for the season for us. I faithfully check the weather on the puter hoping and praying we will get one last hot spell in. But with my luck we will close the pool and it will get hot hot for another few weeks and we will miss the swim time ... (sigh)

sorry ot here that you guys are closeing, but im happy to say that even though i dont have a heater were still holding a stedy 84 in the pool even tough it gets down to 75 at night now. WITH NO COVER. kinda changes the laws of science here.

dome

hmmm...just took a quick look at the site....seems really interesting. My question is what happens to your equipment if you have a long deep freeze. I get that you would keep running it as things get into the 30's and perhaps high 20's, but if it gets below that for a while, do you then close the pool and drain the pipes or rely on your pool water being heated to 85 degrees and keep it moving?

Fall sure does sneak up on me now that I have moved to the Gulf Coast.

Today is the first day in a while it has been below 90 Deg. and I havent even given any thought to cold weather yet.

BUT the pool temp is down to 80. I hope to swim until mid October at least.

Sure wish I could afford a heat pump this year but our three kids need to eat. ALOT :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.