Chevy, Dodge, Hayward, Jandy, IECC musings

G

This off topic conversation was split off of Hayward versus Jandy. JasonLion

bk406 said:
What is it with you guys and Hayward? I've got some Hayward equpiment and never had an issue. If the builder stands behind it, it should be fine. It's all basically the same when you get right down to it.

And I bet you drive a Ford too, right :evil: :evil:

Sorry; seems like I might owe you one (and I'm a Chevy guy!) :cool:

Re: Hayward versus Jandy

For the record, connecticut isn't new england. They just think they are. Its full of yankee fans! We call it newyorkachusetts.

And to clarify the DE comment. I know 24 people with pools and another 5 on my street and not one DE. My pool guy services over 300 and has les than 10% DE on his route. Maybe I overstated it bt ill stand by my statement that their not that popular in my area.

For the record, connecticut isn't new england. They just think they are. Its full of yankee fans! We call it newyorkachusetts.

So what do you call Rhode Island - newyorkconnachusetts? :lol:

What's wrong with Yankee fans - they make good target practice when tourists aren't in season :cheers:

Bruce - you're in Cali and are talking about stirring the 'pot' :cool: - )how else do you get the last bit of goodness out of the bowl) :mrgreen: :poke:

Sal entered the conversation, whilst I typed, is 'stirring the pot' what y'all do whilst waiting for the RO process to finish? :poke: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

simicrintz said:
I think we've officially veered off topic :oops:
Yep, a moderator needs to spank us.

I guess to bring it back to topic, I really agree with Jason. If you like the builder and he has a good rep, the equipment is probably secondary. If he's good, he'll stand behind the equipment. A lot of times the builder who deals in a certain brand will be an authorized service center and can get things done fast, as Waste alluded to.

waste said:
Also, federal laws, soon (?) to be implemented in the 50 several states will require 2 speed pumps for motors over 1HP (as well as more efficient plumbing).

:

Can you point me to the source for this? I've googled it and i cant find where this is happening at a federal level. Also the efficient plumbing regs have me curious too. Where can i find the info?

bk406 said:
waste said:
Also, federal laws, soon (?) to be implemented in the 50 several states will require 2 speed pumps for motors over 1HP (as well as more efficient plumbing).

:

Can you point me to the source for this? I've googled it and i cant find where this is happening at a federal level. Also the efficient plumbing regs have me curious too. Where can i find the info?

Check out the most recent (last one I see is 2006) INTERNATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION CODE.
(title 20 refers to pool pumps - & it's >= 1 HP :oops: ) As I said, it hasn't, as of 2010, been adopted in Ct., but Cali is usually way ahead of the curve on such things - I'd look to them for the first implementation, with the other states signing on, in the usual pattern.

Doopie, sorry for the digressions in your thread :!: Sometimes this is the way we get together and figure out various issues/ share news. I'm confident I can speak for all who have been involved here in saying that "your question is important to us and we'll do our collective best to get you the answer you need"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.