Question for Aquarite owners - Superchlorine mode

Poolsean

TFP Expert
Apr 15, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
I was just pondering these questions, because the manual doesn't explain this, so I figured I would enlist the help of you friendly Aquarite owners.
In order to activate the Superchlorinate mode, you need to slide a switch from AUTO mode to the Superchlorinate mode. From there, according to their manual, if there's a loss of power or after 24 hrs of run time, it goes off this mode. What mode does it default back to? What happens if you don't return the switch from Superchlorinate back to Auto mode?

I realize most of you will say that you don't ever use the boost modes on any salt system as hand dosing bleach is better on the cell. I understand the reasoning too. However, I'm just curious as to what the system does after the boost mode and is not adjusted back to the auto position.

Thanks

Sean, GLAD to be able to finally answer one of your questions :-D Once 24 hrs or the power is shut off, the unit goes back to whatever % you have it set to -- my boss didn't realize this and told a # of customers to run it on 'super' for a week when their water was starting to turn.

You rock! :rockon:
HTH - Ted

Sean, yes. If I wanted to 'superchlorinate for a few days, I'd just dial it up to 100%, then lower the output after I was done.

When super is finished (after 24 hrs or the power goes off) it's the same as having it on the 'auto-chlorinate' setting.

Thanks for all you give to the various forums you frequent and the great job you do helping SWCG owners on all of them!! :super:

A follow up question.... do I just switch it from Auto to SuperChlorinate for 1 second to initiate the 24 hr Super Chlorinate ? Or do I leave the setting at "SuperChlorinate" for the full 24 hours ???? and then return to "Auto" at the end of the 24 hour cycle ???

Not to hijack the tread, but can I throw in a question?

I was told that in the AUTO mode the generator shut down below 50 degrees, but in the SUPER mode it did not. Is that true, and if so will it continue to operate below the 50 degrees after the 24 hours?

offgrid said:
A follow up question.... do I just switch it from Auto to SuperChlorinate for 1 second to initiate the 24 hr Super Chlorinate ? Or do I leave the setting at "SuperChlorinate" for the full 24 hours ???? and then return to "Auto" at the end of the 24 hour cycle ???

Sorry for the delay :(

You put on Super for a day then, after 24 hours switch it back to Auto (unless you want to 'boost' it again)

One quick point, why ever use the Super mode????? If you need to shock the pool, it's quicker and less expensive to add bleach :cool:

Chieif, I don't know ... but I tend to doubt it. The low temp shutoff should function regardless as to the mode :?

Well, one reason to at least start super mode is if you don't have any bleach, especially if you run all night when there is no sunlight to degrade the SWG output. If I have a problem (see or tested for), I don't wait. If I have bleach, in it goes, if not, superchlorinate until I can get some bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.