Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question for Aquarite owners - Superchlorine mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Question for Aquarite owners - Superchlorine mode

I was just pondering these questions, because the manual doesn't explain this, so I figured I would enlist the help of you friendly Aquarite owners.
    In order to activate the Superchlorinate mode, you need to slide a switch from AUTO mode to the Superchlorinate mode. From there, according to their manual, if there's a loss of power or after 24 hrs of run time, it goes off this mode. What mode does it default back to? What happens if you don't return the switch from Superchlorinate back to Auto mode?

I realize most of you will say that you don't ever use the boost modes on any salt system as hand dosing bleach is better on the cell. I understand the reasoning too. However, I'm just curious as to what the system does after the boost mode and is not adjusted back to the auto position.

Thanks
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

2. Back To Top    #2

Sean, GLAD to be able to finally answer one of your questions Once 24 hrs or the power is shut off, the unit goes back to whatever % you have it set to -- my boss didn't realize this and told a # of customers to run it on 'super' for a week when their water was starting to turn.

You rock!
    HTH - Ted
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah...thanks Ted.
    So basically to reinitiate another Boost mode, you have to slide the switch from boost to auto and back to boost?
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Sean, yes. If I wanted to 'superchlorinate for a few days, I'd just dial it up to 100%, then lower the output after I was done.

When super is finished (after 24 hrs or the power goes off) it's the same as having it on the 'auto-chlorinate' setting.

Thanks for all you give to the various forums you frequent and the great job you do helping SWCG owners on all of them!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Question for Aquarite owners - Superchlorine mode

A follow up question.... do I just switch it from Auto to SuperChlorinate for 1 second to initiate the 24 hr Super Chlorinate ? Or do I leave the setting at "SuperChlorinate" for the full 24 hours ???? and then return to "Auto" at the end of the 24 hour cycle ???
    20,000 gallon, Sand Filter, In-ground, vinyl, 1 HP Hayward Super II Pump, Natural Gas Heater, Aquarite Salt Chlorine Generator
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.MY-POOL.blogspot.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Not to hijack the tread, but can I throw in a question?

I was told that in the AUTO mode the generator shut down below 50 degrees, but in the SUPER mode it did not. Is that true, and if so will it continue to operate below the 50 degrees after the 24 hours?
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by offgrid
    A follow up question.... do I just switch it from Auto to SuperChlorinate for 1 second to initiate the 24 hr Super Chlorinate ? Or do I leave the setting at "SuperChlorinate" for the full 24 hours ???? and then return to "Auto" at the end of the 24 hour cycle ???
    Sorry for the delay

You put on Super for a day then, after 24 hours switch it back to Auto (unless you want to 'boost' it again)

One quick point, why ever use the Super mode????? If you need to shock the pool, it's quicker and less expensive to add bleach

Chieif, I don't know ... but I tend to doubt it. The low temp shutoff should function regardless as to the mode
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

8. Back To Top    #8

Well, one reason to at least start super mode is if you don't have any bleach, especially if you run all night when there is no sunlight to degrade the SWG output. If I have a problem (see or tested for), I don't wait. If I have bleach, in it goes, if not, superchlorinate until I can get some bleach.
    20 x 40 vinyl IG. SWG. Solar. Ikeric VS pump.