Hockey Season is upon us

Poolsean said:
I was waiting for that one. We're in a ... uh.... transition phase right now. We're trying different lines. Watch out when we get it together!!!!
I know about line changes, I think that was a big reason for the slide we went on earlier in the season.
Things have finally settled down to some consistent lines, mostly due to injuries, and the winning came back around.

I went to a community fundraising event with the Hurricanes this past weekend. Here's some photo's.

Erik Cole
large.jpg

David Tanabe...lucious!
Tanabe.jpg

Ladd, Leighton, Staal, Coach Daniels, Stillman
CanesPix-16126140.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, yeah, rub the salt into my wounds!! I missed the beginning of the game, but what I saw in the 2nd and 3rd period made me absolutely crazy! One announcer said something about Cole and Orpick going after each other. What gives on this?

The laughable thing right now is that the season ticket holders received playoff invoices this week. HA! Mine is currently on the end of the counter, right next to the garbage can. Don't know if I'm mailing it in yet.

The Canes new motto: "we mail it in every game, so you don't have to"

ivyleager said:
Yeah, yeah, rub the salt into my wounds!! I missed the beginning of the game, but what I saw in the 2nd and 3rd period made me absolutely crazy! One announcer said something about Cole and Orpick going after each other. What gives on this?

The laughable thing right now is that the season ticket holders received playoff invoices this week. HA! Mine is currently on the end of the counter, right next to the garbage can. Don't know if I'm mailing it in yet.

The Canes new motto: "we mail it in every game, so you don't have to"
Ok so we finished 2 & 2, but tonights game was the worst refereed game I have seen all year, penalties missed for both sides, calls for no penalty players hurt, it was a mess on the ice.

Marillion Fan said:
Ok so we finished 2 & 2, but tonights game was the worst refereed game I have seen all year, penalties missed for both sides, calls for no penalty players hurt, it was a mess on the ice.
I was at the game and thought the refs let the game get away from them, too. Sabourin's second delay of game call was a joke. Too many holding and interference penalities not called, but then a little stick on the hands gets called. And it happened both ways. The good thing, tho, was that both teams continued to play hard and not alot of arguing or getting into the refs face. But, I gotta believe that this game will be reviewed and the refs given a talking to. They quite simply sucked. As the guy behind me yelled: "Ref, if you had one good eye you'd be a cyclops!"

Glad that our bruisers got into Laraque's and Smyth's face....they were the one's who checked Brind'Amour into the side boards. Roddie's out for the season with a torn ACL/MCL. I know the injury was not intended, but it was nice to see our guys stand up for our captain. It takes a wee bit of courage (or supreme stupidity) to take on Big George. It looked like a draw from where we were sitting.

What is with injuries when we play the Penguins? Cole, Letowski, Walker, and now Rod. Geez. Y'all are the curse of the Darn around here. We may have to kill a chicken. We have officially christened Orpik with a new name: BOO!! The poor basdart still gets booed every time he touches the puck. Poetic justice that he scored a goal.

The game was actually kind of fun to experience. A bunch of Albany River Rats AHLers got call up today, arrived at the rink around 6 tonight. Also have some Rats called up last week. The Canes have a lot out with injuries and the flu. So for tonites game we had 6 newbies on the ice. Man were they skating well and checking. Great energy. Toward the end of the game a cheer arose from the nose bleed section: "Lets go River Rats" We applauded.

What a night of hockey 1st off the Pens comeback and beat the Panthers AGAIN!!!!!!! 3-2 oops sorry Sean. :oops:
Then the Rangers blow a 5 goal lead ha ha ha ha ha ha ha............... and the same game see the Canadians, for the 1st time in the storied history, comeback from said 5 goal deficit.
That kind of play at this time of the year may very well kill playoff hopes.

Marillion Fan said:
What a night of hockey 1st off the Pens comeback and beat the Panthers AGAIN!!!!!!! 3-2 oops sorry Sean. :oops:
Then the Rangers blow a 5 goal lead ha ha ha ha ha ha ha............... and the same game see the Canadians, for the 1st time in the storied history, comeback from said 5 goal deficit.
That kind of play at this time of the year may very well kill playoff hopes.
But you neglected to add that the Carolina Hurricanes came back from a 2-0 deficit in the final minute of play to queek out a tie, then lost in the shoot out. I'll take any point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.