Need PART: LAARS heater controller/ignitor board

learthur

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 9, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
[attachment=0:1z4t1ifw]FENWAL.jpg[/attachment:1z4t1ifw]Please see attached photo.

I have a LAARS which stopped igniting. I did troubleshooting and determined the ignitor comes on but the gas valve didn't. Applying 24vAC to gas valve did make it light up. Testing the control board indicates no AC voltage on the VAL (valve) terminal, therefore I think the problem is the control board.

Only found a couple places on the internet with FENWAL E0157800 replacements using either a FENWAL R0325200 or a FENWAL R0408100 for $200-300! These $40 boards can not be this expensive.

Anyone know where to buy one of these cheaper?

Thanks,

Lee

Attachments

• FENWAL.jpg
    FENWAL.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 64
Thanks everyone for your input. Was surprised by the availability on Craigslist.

I discovered Fenwal no longer makes this model# however they make a compatible model.
I was able to locate the compatible unit from www.patriot-supply.com for $117.

Still overpriced, but better.
The only difference is the unit has a 20 second ignitor warmup instead of a 6 second warm up. So not as fast starting up but should work fine.

I have purchased a lot of HVAC equipment wholesale so I have an idea how much markup is in this stuff.
This particular model is a pretty simple controller compared to others also.

I will post again if this doesn't work for some reason. Nice temps in Houston now. Time to warm the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.