Getting ready to build pool, is this spec OK?

Jul 10, 2010
Hello,
I am getting ready to start building the pool soon. I am going with a 36x16 fiberglass pool. Holding 13,700 gallons. Below is a diagram of how i think things should go. Anyone see anything wrong with it? BTW I am doing all the plumbing, electrial, and crete.

The parts i am using

Pentair Superflow 1hp 2 speed pump
Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 240sq ft.
Pentair Booster Pump
Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Welcome to TFP!

Your diagram looks good. Having a two speed pump is a great idea. Your filter is larger than average, which is also good. Some people around here like to go with an even larger filter than that, but that isn't at all crucial. Your plumbing diagram is straightforward and cleanly designed.

The only thing I would consider changing is the Kreepy Krauly Legend. You could definitely get a better pool cleaner than that. The Polaris 380 is really the best pressure side cleaner out there and well worth a little extra money. I suspect the builder is trying to stick 100% to Pentair branded equipment, but it shouldn't be a problem to upgrade just the pool cleaner.

Thanks for the replies.

There is no pool builder pushing anything. I am design/specing/buying/installing everything.

One thing i was worried about is the check valve on the return side. Does this need to be before the booster pump, or is it ok the way it is?

Also, the cleaner i was looking at is the Legend Platinum (didn't know if the platinum made any difference). I haven't bought that yet, so i will definitely read into the 380.
:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.