Ever thought of having a reunion?

benavidescj

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2010
Fleming Island, FL
I was just thinking that I really have never met anyone on this website, peronanally. And was wondering if anyone has ever brought up the thought of having a reunion somewhere in the country where we could all meet. I wonder what the turnout would be?

Sounds like a cool idea. There are quite a few members here in Florida. I wonder how many would meet in a central location like Orlando. The wife and I would definitely try to meet and make a weekend out of it as long as adult beverages were on the menu :cheers: :cheers:

I wouldn't go unless it was local. They started accepting vacation requests December 1 where I work, and it's first-come-first-serve, so my vacation time is already set. And planned.

Besides anxiety over our unattended pools, what would we have in common, anyway? :mrgreen: And what would we do? None of us would get into the pool at the host hotel, I'll bet!

I've kinda wondered when someone would bring this idea up.

We would probably attend as long as there was enough time for me to plan it.

Richard320 said:
I wouldn't go unless it was local...

x2

Even if local, I barely have enuff time to spend with family and friends as it is, much less internet ones. Just looking over this thread, brentr and benavidescj are probably within 20 miles from me. Still don't have time, though. :cheers:

Richard320 said:
...Besides anxiety over our unattended pools, what would we have in common, anyway? :mrgreen: And what would we do? None of us would get into the pool at the host hotel, I'll bet!

Obviously, we'd stand around and criticize the pool :whip:

Heck, yeah. The reason I built my own pool is that I hate swimming in other people's water...

That said, I have done the Real-Life MeetUp thing with people from other websites before, successfully. Hosted one where people came from as far as England. Travel to the mainland is pretty expensive for me these days, though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LauleaHere&There said:
Heck, yeah. The reason I built my own pool is that I hate swimming in other people's water...

That said, I have done the Real-Life MeetUp thing with people from other websites before, successfully. Hosted one where people came from as far as England. Travel to the mainland is pretty expensive for me these days, though.

Well since you have experience in this area and you ARE in Hawaii, makes sense to me that you should host one for us... :mrgreen: :p

I'll come. I'm always up for a party! :cheers: :party:

frustratedpoolmom said:
LauleaHere&There said:

Well since you have experience in this area and you ARE in Hawaii, makes sense to me that you should host one for us... :mrgreen: :p

I'll come. I'm always up for a party! :cheers: :party:

Eh, maybe I should! If you all aren't too picky about where you sleep (small house) I could host about a half-dozen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.