POOLVERGNUEGEN two wheel suction cleaner

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
I have the pool cleaner two wheel suction. I am very disappointed in the performance of this cleaner, as it seems to stay in the deep end of my pool at least 90 percent of the time. The pool is rectangular 16x32. There is a 3 1/2 foot shallow end which goes down to 8 ft deep. I know the cleaner can get "up the hill" to the shallow end, it just doesn't seem to spend much time there.

Anyone else have this type of cleaner that can offer suggestions? I pulled a tape to ensure the floats are 20-25 in from the cleaner as the manual suggests. I have made sure the wheels are 11-13 rpms (timed it on my watch), and i am sure there is suction into the bottom port.

I am pretty disappointed, as my understanding this cleaner is the best. I have seen a creepy crawly type cleaner in action and at this point i am thinking that is a better design for my pool.

Any guidance appreciated before i send this thing back.

Hmmm....... My pool is very similar in size and has tons of twists and turns and I have not had the problem your facing.

Yes- the cleaner spends more time in the deep end, but that is where you want it most as Crud rolls down hill.

When called the best cleaner remember that many of us are talking longest lasting with the least amount of repairs and does a good job cleaning.

Try moving the "floats" around a bit. That should help. Call Poolvergnuegen direct if you need help. They are great to deal with and very helpful

That is by far the best pool cleaner I have ever had. You just need to adjust it a bit. It should work just fine.

Just quick update on this...i called the POOLVERGNUEGEN folks. Explained the symptoms i was seeing.

The rep gave me the following feedback:

-New pool. Vinyl may still be a little slick.
-Need to run it longer. My first test sessions were only 3-4 hours.
-Float position doesn't have much effect on cleaner behavior, as long as they are in the range the manual specifies.

All this said, i ran the cleaner overnight last night. I have to say i was pretty happy with the outcome. It isn't perfect, seems to have an especially hard time on the ridge where the shallow end transitions to the descent to deep end. I can touch that up with the manual vac. On the bright side, for ~400 bucks incl the inline leaf canister, it seems like a pretty good value.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I purchased a four wheel suction model about a month ago and am very pleased. I spoke to the manufacture directly prior to my purchase and was pleased with that experience as well. The actual purchase was a nightmare but that is because I choose the wrong pool supply company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.