Reformed pool owner

Feb 18, 2011
Hello,

I have a vinyl lined 16’x32’ about 15,000 gal. in ground. My filter is 60 sq.ft.D.E. I use a Barracuda G3 sweep. Currently, my pool is in wonderful shape. An excellent fitting liner was installed last week.

I'm reformed because: I am/WAS is pool chemical sloth,lazy,manana guy. For 15 years I looked at my pool and guess how much chlo. and shock. etc. it worked (+/-), but I got into a bit of trouble last summer. The water became very hazy. With multiple trips to the pool store for chem. I could not seem to get the chem.’s. Correct and was a science project. My 8-year-old liner formed 3 wrinkles in the deep end. The P.H. was so low the vinyl was being eaten and leaks formed on the side of the wrinkle/s and cracked resulting in a lot of water loss. That liner was history, not repairable.

So,,,,now $3,500 later I have been reborn. Fresh water, conditioner, liquid chlor. and a new DPD test kit. I am doing a weekly log. I have a nice advantage with the weather temp. Highs only in the 60's. For Southern California not bad.

Any one else have a vinyl pool out there? I'm ready to learn more.

Ready for summer. Rich
:party:

Welcome. This place has literally changed my life. Last year was beautiful, easy, lovely and my husband was converted from wanting to fill in the pool with dirt. The winter was easy as well (first time closing the pool, and we followed the closing instructions). For the first time ever I am looking forward to opening the pool in April-May.

Welcome to TFP last year was the first time I ever owned a pool in my life. We opened the pool in May to find a green nasty swamp but with all the info and great people on TFP I got it straightened out and had a trouble free pool for the rest of the summer only having to add bleach and Muriatic acid !! When we had our pool closed in Oct the guys said it was the cleanest pool they closed this year, I owe it all to the great info found on this sight.