Filter need cleaning?

You don't need to clean your filter until the pressure goes up about 10 psi from whatever the reading was when the filter was clean. You have a cartridge filter, so there is no backwash, just open up the filter housing to remove and clean the cartridges. That's a good sized filter you have, it probably will only need cleaning once a season or so.

You have a cartridge filter, which does [edit] NOT [/edit] get backwashed. Instead you clean the filter by turning off the pump, opening up the filter housing, removing the cartridge, washing it off throughly with a garden hose, and then putting everything back together again.

As guamguy said, the filter pressure is the best indication of when the filter needs cleaning. You should have noted down the filter pressure when the system was first installed and clean the filter when it goes up by about 1/3 from there. If you didn't note the starting filter pressure, you might as well clean the cartridge now, and then note the filter pressure when the cleaned filter is first used again.

ok....don't laugh! I took all my pool specs from my PB's email...not sure which piece of equipment out there is the cartridge filter thingy..I will post pics of all the equipment so you can help me ID...also so I can make sure the specs match the photos. The specs he gave me were early on in the project.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.