Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Halllllllllllleleaujah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally paid him!

1. Back To Top    #1

Halllllllllllleleaujah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally paid him!

Well... you may or may not remember me...

I used to have a thread in here about my build. I don't see it now, but probably just overlooking it.

Started building in APRIL (2007), and paid my builder his final two payments today.

Only 20 weeks for his estimated 8... and much mental and verbal armwrestling. Wow. What an effort to build what seemed to be a relatively simple pool.

I've been lurking here occasionally, but just haven't even had the energy to share the pain.

THose of you who have had good builders... be thankful!!!!

The Pentair territory sales mgr drove over from Houston today to help them program my EasyTouch. For some reason my pb thought this would be 5 minute deal. After they (re)attached the transceiver, pb handed me the remote and said "do you have any questions?"

I handed it back... and said "show me how it all works"... Four hours later, they seemed to have it working right.

I'll post some pics, in a few days....

Meanwhile, if you're near Lafayette, LA, and thinking of building a pool.... I can tell you who NOT to use.

Good to be back!

Steve
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Congratulations!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Halllllllllllleleaujah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally paid h

Quote Originally Posted by stevenbrla

Meanwhile, if you're near Lafayette, LA, and thinking of building a pool.... I can tell you who NOT to use.
    I followed your build with interest. I think Madisonville qualifies as "near" Lafayette, so please share with me who to avoid and any other words of wisdom.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

4. Back To Top    #4
    Congrats Steve!
    I know you've probably been enjoying your pool, but I'm sure you're glad to get that monkey (PB) off your back.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

There's a company near Lafayette, LA, called Professional Pools Inc.

I would not recommend them to anyone.

Words of wisdom? Hmm...

find a builder who several people can tell you that they did a very good job for, and would recommend them to their mother.

do not make the mistake I did of being fooled by the best sales presentation.

as you read things, make a list of things you want, and make this list a part of your contract (most will be inexpensive adders), and then hold him to them, and make him pay for anything he leaves out. (but don't expect him to read the list once construction begins)

by the way, beautiful little town you live in. i envy you.

good luck!!
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.