Going to be cleaning filter sometime soon.

Well cleaned out the filter and it was no where near as dirty as it was last time. I actually had very little DE filter buildup and did not have to even take it apart to clean. I was able to hose it down and remove very little DE that was stuck in between the filters. Pressure went down from 15 to about 5 so it must have been dirty, but I guess the backwash knocked a lot of the DE out. So this year I again used the silicone sealant, so we shall see if it held this afternoon when I go to turn the filter back on. Let it sit for a while to make sure it got a good seal.

Now here is my question and it seems I may have an issue at sometime. Last year I used a silicone based sealant to seal off the o ring around the filter and it did a fantasic job. So this year I was going to replace the O Ring. Went to the store and picked one up. Got home and it is about 2 inches too big. Went back to the store and we then looked up in the book to make sure we got the right one and we did. It was an 18 inch O ring, but is still too big. We measured it up to the old one and it was the same size.

So my question is, what will I do when I need to replace the O Ring if the new correct one is too big?

Thanks.

Here is my filter

file.php

There is 2 different tank orings for your filter.. One of the is fat and sits in a channel, the other is thinner and sits around a ring.. I believe this is the one you need 152127, the other is 071442. Where in Spring are you, I can maybe lead you to a store which can help you better...

Keven said:
There is 2 different tank orings for your filter.. One of the is fat and sits in a channel, the other is thinner and sits around a ring.. I believe this is the one you need 152127, the other is 071442. Where in Spring are you, I can maybe lead you to a store which can help you better...

The 152127 is 18 inches and I believe that is the one that I got. Edit: The 152127 is the one that I got.

I am around Klein high school. I tried warehouse pool supply on 249 and 1960. I was going to go to leslies, but they seem to never have stuff in stock.

What do you mean when you say one is flat and sits in a channel and the other sits around a ring? I am confused now as to why I would have two different o rings or the o rings just made for two different type of filters. The old one I have now seems to be flat on both sides which is maybe what you are talking about. The other one was round.

Thanks.

The reason for different orings is they changed the filter lids.. The fat oring is on the outside of the filter then the lids go's around it.. The older style sits on top of the bottom of the tank and the lid sits on top of the oring..

Professional Pools on Louetta just pass Klien Church Rd is good to deal with..

I hope this helps out better, I have a hard time going frm my head to the keyboard making it sound right..

Keven said:
The reason for different orings is they changed the filter lids.. The fat oring is on the outside of the filter then the lids go's around it.. The older style sits on top of the bottom of the tank and the lid sits on top of the oring..

Professional Pools on Louetta just pass Klien Church Rd is good to deal with..

I hope this helps out better, I have a hard time going frm my head to the keyboard making it sound right..

I will give them a try. I drive by them all the time. Funny thing was the 152127 is the one I got and it was round. Are you in the spring area as well since you seem to know the area?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My wife graduated from Splendora in 00.. It is nice to know somebody else in the same area... I never get down by you unless we go out to eat at Fat Mikes, Smashburger or Chi (sp) Burger...

Keven said:
Yes that's it... Use to like the Philly buts off the menu now.. Was Professional Pools able to help you...

I got a response back from them and they have the same o ring I got at warehouse pool supply. They are going to call the manf to see if they have pre form one already. I got home today and turned on the pump and I am still getting some leaking, but not near what it was. I am thinking of maybe sealing it with some silicone sealant on the visible leaking.

Another questions is how often to filter pumps have to be replaced?

Try this with the pump off hit the tank band with a hammer all the way around once that should give you more slack in the spring, after that go ahead and tighten the bolt again.. That should help you get the filter to seal up.. You might have to it one or two more times..

Keven said:
Try this with the pump off hit the tank band with a hammer all the way around once that should give you more slack in the spring, after that go ahead and tighten the bolt again.. That should help you get the filter to seal up.. You might have to it one or two more times..

I tried the hammer trick as well already. The two bolts are on there pretty tight as the sides are about 1-2 inches apart where the belt connects around the tank. The belt appears to already be right up agains the tank. And I do not have any springs, just a bolt with a nut on the end. Never had springs at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.