Newbie needs help--Don't want to call PB again!

Sep 5, 2007
Today was the first day I tried to vacuum myself, well of course I would run into problems. When I feel the vacuum there is all kinds of suction, but when I try to vacuum in the pool it will not pick up anything. I keep checking and I feel suction, but it won't work when Iplace in the bottom of the pool. I t won't even pick up the smallest item. I even put the hole directly over the debris and when I move the head there it is still on the pool floor. I really don't want to have to call the PB builder again, is it me?

L2w, welcome to TFP :goodjob:

Following Jason's line of thought - hook up your vacuum as you normally would and turn off the valve for another suction line until you see a 1/2 - 1psi drop on the filter's pressure gauge, this will give you sufficient suction to get debris off of the floor without having the vac head stick to the floor.

Does your vacuum hook directly into your skimmer? If it does, then you don't want to turn down your skimmer, you want to leave it full open and slowly turn down your main drain till you get enough suction. If you don' t have a main drain, then turn down any other suction to your pump (2nd skimmer). If that doesnt work then something else must be wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.