Water temperature and testing

jwgillis

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
Yuma, AZ
I have ... (wife dictates) ... to keep my heated pool water temperature at an average of 88 degrees. That means the temperature flucuates between a high of 90 degrees and low of 86 degrees.

Do these temperatures have any effect on the accuracy of my water test results?

Bama,
Using the TF 100 testkit ... and doing everything TFT teaches me. Got some different test results within short period between tests and got concerned. Thanks ... now know it was the "tester." salp ... Keeping my FC at 5-6 per TFP balance level for fiberglass SWG pool. Is that a good level?

The correct FC level depends on what your CYA level is. We can't answer without knowing CYA as well. The best thing would be to post a complete set of test results, since there are other possible dependancies as well.

FC at 6 is a little high, but probably a good idea since CC isn't zero. When CC goes back to zero, you can lower FC down to around 4.

This is fairly minor, but it would be a good idea to let TA come down to around 70, or perhaps a little lower. There is no need to actively lower TA. It will most likely come down on it's own. Once it comes down, your PH will be a bit more stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.