Undersized filter?

mx702

Aug 2, 2010
MA
Our pool was installed last fall and was then immediately closed/winterized for the season. So although I have no actual experience operating my system from which to draw conclusions, I sense my filter might be undersized. I realize cleaning frequency is dependant on many variables, but all things being equal, should I expect to be servicing this thing on a weekly basis?

Note: See signature for pool specs

Scott - I have a rectangular, right-angle pool that has a 3.5' low-end that transitions to an 8' deep-end. I estimated my gallonage from specs of similar pools I saw on the web. Where would you put my number at?

BK - That filter was what Paul listed in our contract.

IMO, It's not an oversized filter but not drastically small either. You are probably looking at cleaning 2-4x/season and maybe less if you are really diligent about testing and water balance and use skimmer socks, etc...certainly not weekly, unless you get that green stuff :lol:

That filter should work just fine. I speced out a sand filter but I have a great place to back wash and really didnt want to have to break down a cart to clean it. The cart filter will get finer particles than my sand filter, but they are a bit more work to clean. Use a skimmer sock also. That will catch a lot of junk the would normally go into the filter.

My pool is not an L shape. By right angle I was refering to the how the corners are configured because pools with 4', 2' or 6" radius corners hold less H20. I think my questions have been answered. Thanks for the help.

24,000 gallons for a 38x18 pool is only an average depth of 4.7' which sounds reasonable to me given that the bottom is 3.5' to 8' deep.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.