Best way to shade AGP?

Ive been trying to find the best way to provide shade for my AGP, ive looked at unbrellas, shade sails, arbors and pergolas so far. Here in southern texas the summers can be brutal and id love to get shade on the pool so we dont cook when we try to swim!

Anybody have any advise on the pros/cons of diffrent methods of shading a pool?
A Pergola seemed to be the best bet, but then i relised it would take a insaine amount of lumber to accually provide shade over a 18 foot pool!

A frame with fiberglass roofing panels is probably your best bet and that's still gonna be huge. I've been thinking of building a pole barn type structure over our 24'.

The ideal situation would be a giant pergola with movable panels on top, like a huge blind, that could be adjusted to either allow the sun in or to block it depending on the time of year and need.

I just aereate mine and it makes a noticeable difference on the dog days cause ours is full sun all day long. It sure eats some FC! How about some pics of the pool and yard area-------anything close to attach to or come off of? Which compass direction does the pool run lengthwise? I could shade half of mine half the day with two offset umbrellas. Wifey wants the sunshine though!

Shade sails from Home Depot. In the garden supplies section. The ones I have are triangular - about 10' on a side. They are like a tightly woven mesh, that gives you about 75% shade, but lets wind and rain water through. Had one up all last summer, worked great and is still in good shape for this summer. Just bought a second one, to give a little more shade over the pool.

Worked great through a blistering Houston summer.

Robert

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.