Leak on pump filter?

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
Please forgive me because I am still getting up to speed on all the technical names for things.
So I was doing my routine of cleaning out of skimmers, energy filter and pump filter ( the one attached to the motor, I noted it was an emerson, and it was just replaced in Sept.) and because I am a freak ( ok, the energy filter will pop off if I don't get that puppy tight enough and it's kinda hard) I always turn everything back on for a few just to make sure all is good. SO, now, when I turn everything back off, the pump filter ( attached to the motor) spews small amounts of water out in about 3 directions. Just for a moments when the pressure is changing, but still not good.
2 questions,
1. is this going to give me grief with the temps dipping below freezing for the next few days ( and sigh, more winter precip, I don't know how you northerners do it!), we do have a freeze guard that keeps the pool running anytime it dips below 35.
2. Does this mean that maybe the O ring is going bad? Seems a bit soon.
I have taken the lid off several times to make sure I am getting a seal and tightening it well...still get the same results, the after shut off spew!
Hope ya'll don't get too tired of me and my incessant questions.

B

This probably seems like a stupid question, but I found a tube of "pool and spa lube", that's what I use right? ( wouldn't want to make the situation worse!)
And when you say around the rubber seal, it's that little black ring or more the rim where the lid attaches?
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.