How much $ needed to upgrade from a grey plaster to Pepple ?

MINA

Dec 15, 2010
Hi everyone,
I'm building a big raised spa 4-4.5' deep (see attached plan for dimensions)
My PB didn't give me yet the $ amount for the upgrade from French gray plaster (which I have in the contract) to Pepple tec or sheen. Can someone help me estimate how much should I expect for the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 464
  • ALMOSTDONE2.jpg
    ALMOSTDONE2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 464
Hi Scott,

We are located in Southern CA, San Bernardino County. I have no idea about the square footage, volume of business bet. the PB & the PT installer.
When we started the full idea, he offered regular French grey plaster to get the bright blue color. I had no idea at that time about different pool finishes. Now after being on this site & other sites for quite a time, I can assume that Pepple tec/sheen is what I need for several reasons:
Fewer chemicals required in the water (good for my kids)
Easier to maintain, clean (I’m not that good at maintaining stuff)
Durability & guarantee.
I just informed my PB about my intention to change to a Pepple finish, he was ok with that & told me he knows the right guy that he will bring in to give me an estimate of how much extra that will cost.
I don’t know how much he was going to charge me for the French grey plaster as we had everything done as a package. So I’m just trying to know what’s my limits (like How much $ should be reasonable/acceptable for the upgrade 1000$? less or more??)

Thanks a lot for all your help.

MINA said:
Fewer chemicals required in the water (good for my kids)
Easier to maintain, clean (I’m not that good at maintaining stuff)
Durability & guarantee.
How much $ should be reasonable/acceptable for the upgrade 1000$? less or more??

The chemicals in the water are identical across all of the plaster and plaster plus stuff (like pebbles) finishes.

PebbleTec isn't really easier to maintain, apart from lasting longer. Many people find it easier to brush plain plaster, though the difference is small. Otherwise it is about the same.

Durability and guarantee are very good points. PebbleTec will last longer than just about anything else. In most situations it will last much longer than straight plaster.

I expect it to be more than $1000 extra.

It sould not be too much on the Spool.

I felt Pebble Tec vs a "Mini" Pebble finish (same size rock as Pebble Sheen). Find a place with both products installed near your home. I bet everyone will tell you to get the Sheen, it is MUCH smoother. You are going to spend almost 100% of your pool time in contact with the Plaster Material (as opposed to swimming laps in a full size pool).

Thanks a lot everyone for your comments & info.
The perimeter is 44' (I did the measure my self in the morning)
I really thought a pebble finish uses fewer chemicals to maintain compared to other plaster materials, thanks Jason for correcting my info.
I will let you know how much my BP is asking for the upgrade & if you can help me decide whether to take it or keep the French grey plaster.

Thanks again & best regards.

Hi everyone,

My PB came today with Stonescapes mini pebble samples, we liked the midnight blue one & he offered to add some natural shiny stones & golden mini pebbles to make it more shiny & reflective to the sun light.
He asked $800 more for that.
I never considered stonescapes & I'm not sure should I take it or leave it!!!
Help pleaseeee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: How much $ needed to upgrade from a grey plaster to Pepp

keep in mind plaster is very smooth, quartz is a bit rougher and pebble tech is even rougher. We felt that pebble sheen was still rougher than quartz.

We are ok with our diamondbrite, but we swam in the neighbors plaster pool this weekend and I had forgotten how totally smooth plaster is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.