Fine particles

Feb 3, 2011
Roseville, CA
Is my cartridge filter supposed to filter silts in the water? I don't think the net on polaris 280 is capturing it.
I notice some sand like deposits on stairs. When I sweep it with brush, water got cloudy and it dissipated into deep end.

I am guessing that I am supposed to stirred up often so silts accumulating on stairs will be picked up by the cartridge filter, right? Do I need a separate vacuum to get rid of these?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. We have a beautiful cedar tree near that pool that we have discovered is a love/hate relationship. Great tree, hate the stupid tiny needles that fall in the pool.
So, in addition to the polaris, should we brush or vacuum or both? Been trying to figure out if we need to get a pool vac. We did discover the wall whale back when we have algae & I was sweeping the pool everyday...those are GREAT!
Makes brushing much easier.

venticoffee said:
Is my cartridge filter supposed to filter silts in the water? I don't think the net on polaris 280 is capturing it.
A sand/silt bag is available for the polaris that works very well. Not sure that is an answer to your question, but it will certainly help. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.