Pentair Minimax 400 header crack

Feb 6, 2011
Hello all. I am in Fort Worth, TX. We have had much more freezing weather this year than usual. Pool filter has been running continuously for over 100 hrs. Triggered by freeze guard. We noticed a large pool of water near the pool equipment and water pouring out of the heater.

We removed access panels from the left side, right side and top of the heater. Water was spewing out of left side from the bottom edge of the return header. We could not feel the crack because of the rough texture of the header, but a mirror reflected a 2 - 2.5 inch crack in the header.

Can this part be replaced by me, the homeowner, or does it have to be done professionally? (Still paying for the kids' college tuition, etc...budget is tight!) Is there any kind of gasket or sealant needed? I found the part online at poolcenter.com.

Besides, no service people are available on Superbowl Sunday, go figure...

Thanks for any help or suggestions

:whoot: They no longer make the minimax so getting will parts take some time.. To answer your question you can still get headers and it will come with all the gaskets you need..

While you could probably change it yourself, a local professional would likely have all parts necessary, as there are gaskets needed as well & may have all the parts on-hand. Or, you can order parts & DIY when parts arrive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.