Uh OH!

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
So we did cover the pipes with what we had available and the pool still seems to be running okay, but one of the filter cartridge's we have had well, overflowed and iced. Now, as far as we can tell, this cartridge had never really served any purpose...it's the back one ( the hayward that was newly installed a few months ago) seems to be doing it's job. No ice in the skimmers ( although it was a booger getting the lids off without breaking them. Pump is still running okay too and not sure if this matters, but PSI is looking okay too. Tried to add a picture, but couldn't figure out how ( technically challenged).
What can we expect when we finally thaw out?
I am including pics.
BTW, the "i told you so" guy...I am pretty new to this forum, so I had not read that thread you posted, but thanks. Lots of info for future situations. Still don't know if we would ever close our pool down, but we are definitely learning what and what not to do when mother nature decides to be mean.
Still freezing in Texas,
B

The best way to include pictures is to post them to a Photobucket (or other photo hosting site) account and link them here.

If I'm understanding correctly, you have two filters? :scratch: One of them is leaking and frozen and the newest one is ok.

If that's correct then there's not much you can do but wait till things thaw out and repair or replace what's broken. If you truly don't need the second filter then you can just have it removed.

bubbles said:
BTW, the "i told you so" guy...I am pretty new to this forum, so I had not read that thread you posted, but thanks.

Hey Bubbles, that was me :)

That wasnt really meant for you; i know your new here so maybe that thread wasnt the best place to put it :oops:

It's just that this very topic comes up fall after fall. People in north texas, oklahoma, TN, etc think they are ok if they run the pump a little bit in the winter and will be fine. Thats not the case, really. Winter after winter the same people come on TFP that swear they dont need to winterize in october and are panicked out in February because something cracked, leaked, busted, etc. I guess it's a little pet peave of mine. Unless your in south florida, you dont swim anyway. Just properly winterize the darn thing and you dont have to wory about anything until spring :wink:

thanks for the direction on posting a pic...lol, I guess my brain needs some defrosting as well. I am attaching a pic ( I think).
No worries, bk, it's still great info to have and I may not have stumbled across it otherwise. I am definitely a planner for things so this will be helpful. It's just being in such a steep learning curve can be overwhelming sometimes.
We have to resurface this spring and I am still trying to wrap my head around the chemistry aspect for BBB...but I will get there with the help of this amazingly great forum.
Thanks!

PS ok, tried to upload from photobucket without success..

bubbles said:
thanks for the direction on posting a pic...lol, I guess my brain needs some defrosting as well. I am attaching a pic ( I think).
No worries, bk, it's still great info to have and I may not have stumbled across it otherwise. I am definitely a planner for things so this will be helpful. It's just being in such a steep learning curve can be overwhelming sometimes.
We have to resurface this spring and I am still trying to wrap my head around the chemistry aspect for BBB...but I will get there with the help of this amazingly great forum.
Thanks!

PS ok, tried to upload from photobucket without success..

Well what you can do is upload to photobucket. Then when you want to post at the top of the advanced reply box there is a little box that says img.

Click that and it will put something like this

[ img][/img]

In between [ img][/img] post the link to the picture. If I remember corrrectly, on photobucket they provide a link that already includes those type of brackets. So you would basically just copy and paste that link here that has the brackets.

use tinypic.com for pictures, no need to sign in, no account needed and it gives you a line (line 2 with IMG wrapped address tag) that you can copy and paste here, no learning or understanding needed.

ve7sbc.jpg

Thanks for the tips on posting! Here is finally is! :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.