damaged Jandy control Board

Jan 26, 2011
Hello I am a new user so take it easy on me. I need to replace a damaged Jandy control Board for an LT400N-L heater. I know it is bad because a part (integrated circuit IC) has visable damage (burn hole on IC). The IC part number is obscured but it is designated U4 on the circuit card assembly. The control boards out on the internet are priced between $465 and $800 and include a bezel of which I do not need. This is just a circuit board. I need to get the cost down and only need the circuit card or replacement part. I can R & R the part if I had one. So here's the question; Are there any outfits out there providing reconditioned Jandy control boards or replacement parts?.

Your help is always appreciated. kelcherm

Re: Controller or Timers?

kelcherm said:
Hello I am a new user so take it easy on me. I need to replace a damaged Jandy control Board for an LT400N-L heater. I know it is bad because a part (integrated circuit IC) has visable damage (burn hole on IC). The IC part number is obscured but it is designated U4 on the circuit card assembly. The control boards out on the internet are priced between $465 and $800 and include a bezel of which I do not need. This is just a circuit board. I need to get the cost down and only need the circuit card or replacement part. I can R & R the part if I had one. So here's the question; Are there any outfits out there providing reconditioned Jandy control boards or replacement parts?.

Your help is always appreciated. kelcherm

Probably best to start a new thread as your question is a bit unrelated to this. Title it something like 'Reconditioned Jandy controller or parts?'
moved into it's own topic, JasonLion

Unfortunately, the boards are VERY expensive and the price you got is about half of retail so i don't know if you will find it lower. I haven't heard of "reconditioned" boards for that controller either. And to make matters worse, the board won't come with the chip and they are more than the board (go figure). I hope your chip wasn't exposed to the melt down.

OOps my first mistake already! I see my new topic has already been created for me. Thanks Jason for the help and advice.

To Pool clown, when you say exposed to the melt down. What did you mean? Is there a common fail mode with this controller? The damaged part is an 18 pin DIP with a crater in it as though it had been subjected to high current and blew a hole in the substrate right through the plastic package. It was kinda an interesting image. Im worried that you are right and that I will not find a lower cost solution. I'd like this topic to stay there awhile to see if someone might have a control board or point me to a junker.
BTW. This is a great site - Thanks Jason for taking care of my login issues too.

I have x3 Jandy LT/LX control boards if you need one @ a good price. Basically my Jandy Pool heater core corroded so I replaced it with a new pool heater. In the process of diagnosing repair I replaced 2 boards.

Whatmot
Yes, I would be interested in this control board. I'm not sure what the X3 is but if it would work for a LT400N-L heater then Im interested. Is it possible to contact you directly to discuss price and wether or not it is a fit?

Kelcherm

whatmot said:
I have x3 Jandy LT/LX control boards if you need one @ a good price. Basically my Jandy Pool heater core corroded so I replaced it with a new pool heater. In the process of diagnosing repair I replaced 2 boards.

Whatmot
Yes, I would be interested in this control board. I'm not sure what the X3 is but if it would work for a LT400N-L heater then Im interested. Is it possible to contact you directly to discuss price and wether or not it is a fit?

Kelcherm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.