Tallman/Water World pools?

F500

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2007
Madisonville, LA
Hi, new here. I have been reading this forum for a while and we are getting close to pulling the trigger on a pool. I received some info about Water World/ Tallman pools. These are FG pools that are made in GA. It appears that they sell to folks who want to be quasi owner-builders. They ship the pool kit direct to the buyer. The buyer is responsible for getting the excavation, wiring, and deck completed. Tallman sends two installers to the site to oversee the installation and plumbing of the pool.

Has anyone had experience with these folks?

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

I am an owner of a Water World Pool here in NJ. We purchased ours from the plant in South NJ. We had a wonderful experience and would purchase from them again. I would ask them for references for excavator, electrician and whatever type of decking you are doing. We decided to use all of there recommended people to put more of the responsibility on them. Not only were they absolutely wonderful they ended up being less money than even prices I got from other subs. Here in NJ I know that the "subs" get a ton of work through them....they dont want to let Water World down or they will lose a lot of business themselves. If you are not sure or dont feel comfortable you can call the NJ plant and speak to Don Tallman he is the son of the late founder Tallman. I believe a brother or two work in the other sites. As far as the NJ plant I couldnt recommend them higher. I love my fiberglass pool. Another poster on here, Mbar has a Water World pool for 8 years now I believe and loves her pool also. You can email me also with any questions you may have. Hope that helps.

Ls

Ps....when you post give a little time for people to see the posts. I try to get here everyday but sometimes miss a day...the people on this site are amazing!

Thanks Ls! I try to give a decent amount of time for responses, but this forum and others have spoiled me rotten! :-D I spoke with Rebecca the the GA plant today and she was super helpful. She is sending me a package of info. I am a DIY type and have done everything from build cars from scratch to repairing a flooded Katrina house. So, I think I am up for the challenge of having a pool installed. In addition, I use to maintain pools as a teen, and I look forward to learining how the process has changed.

Lee

lsbarkley said:
Wonderful. Any questions we are here. Is that one of your cars in the pic? Looks pretty fun!

Ls

Yeah, that's an F500 Formula car. Powered by a snowmobile engine. I use it for SCCA racing. Here is a pic of another toy I built:

cobraweb.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have installed 2 pools in Florida in 2 of our beach rentals and they have been wonderful. Increased our revenue on each home as people on vacation want a pool ever though they are at the ocean.
Will be purchasing another one on our Ga home this spring. Rebecca is exceptional to work with.

Just saw your post today so this may be late in or even past your decision point. We have a Tallman pool and love it. Our installation experince was great and Tallman Pools owner was even invoved in the process to ensure our satisfaction. They actually sent about 4 folks out on our installation. There have been no issues with anything Tallman built or installed on the entire pool system in the nearly 2 years we have had it. We highly recomend them and would buy from them again if we moved and wanted to install another pool.. Sorry about type-o's in this post. Currently on the road and using my touchpad on screen keyboard instead of a real computer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.