Pump stays on although off with Aqua Link

Pacman

Jan 22, 2011
Hello - I have an Aqua Link RS8 installed apx Oct03. My filter pump is set to come on at night and turn off before I am up in the morning. On a few occassions over the past several months, the filter pump would still be on in the morning. I would go to the control panel near the equipment, put in 'service' mode, and press the the normal filter pump button a few times. The light would turn on and off accordingly but the pump would not, like it is stuck in the "ON" position. I then decided to go to my breaker panel on the first occassion and flip the breaker controling the control panel. This worked and have done the past few times this has happened. Now, the same issue is happening and I can not get it to shut off unless I flip the individual filter pump breaker in the control panel. My thought something it up with the relay. Has anyone experienced this problem or can point me in the right direction on resolving? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP!

It might be the relay, but given that it is winter, is it possible that the pump remains running on days when it is especially cold out? I suspect you are seeing freeze protection coming on, which keeps the pump running when the system thinks there is a chance of freezing.

Thanks for the welcome and for your reply. No, llive in the Phoenix area, and although it does get below freezing on a few occassions which causes the freeze protect to come on, we have had gorgeous weather lately... no where near freezing. Bright and in the 70s this afternoon and still have this issue. Maybe the relay?

rdeputy,

The four wires you see are probably the comm wire for the remote in your house, or the SWCG. Wires are attached to a red buss?

Look to the right and you should see a couple of sets of two wire connections, all red and blk. They should be marked: water, air, and solar, not ness. in that order.

rdeputy said:
Ok thanks guys. I will give it a try

If you have a bad 4 wire temp sensor you need to replace it with a 4 wire temp sensor.

Put it in service mode, if the pump stays on, smack the control box with a fist. If the pump shuts off you need to replace the relay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have a bad 4 wire temp sensor you need to replace it with a 4 wire temp sensor.

Put it in service mode, if the pump stays on, smack the control box with a fist. If the pump shuts off you need to replace the relay.

Years later (now 2014, the original post was in 2010) I found this really helpful. Thanks racket!

Now I need to find out how to replace the relay. Great for now just to be able to turn it off, since no button anywhere was working to shut the pump off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.