Brisbane Floods

Jan 18, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I suppose everyone heard about the devastating Brisbane Floods http://tinyurl.com/4dxfkk8. Fortunately where we live was not flooded, but many homes (let alone pools) in low lying areas were inundated with muddy water and will take a lot of work to recover.

However, while we were free of inundation the exceptionally intense La Nina weather pattern has caused very heavy rainfall over most of Eastern Australia this summer and the pool chemistry has suffered. I finally got back to is yesterday and found, among other things FC = 0, CYA = 0.

I added required chemicals and today's test comes up with:

FC = 5+
TC = 5+
pH = 7.4
TA = 50
CH = 90
CYA = 30
Temp = 26C (OK, well it is summer here)

My overall balance calculation comes up with 10.4 against a target of 11.0 - 11.2
I'd appreciate advice on how best to improve the balance.

Cheers

>> Temp = 26C

all your numbers are very similar to mine except we only get up to 21C today and morning was 10C

>> overall balance calculation comes up with 10.4 against a target of 11.0 - 11.2

what's this balance calc ?

1orime.gif

susa said:
>> Temp = 26C

all your numbers are very similar to mine except we only get up to 21C today and morning was 10C

>> overall balance calculation comes up with 10.4 against a target of 11.0 - 11.2

what's this balance calc ?

1orime.gif
The balance Calc is a formula that came with my Palintest test kit. This seemed like the most suitable one available in Australia and gives me the info I need. It comes up with a balance value derived from CH, TA and pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.